500g, 1Kg, 2Kg
Moong Beans are part of the legumes family. They are a small green tender bean, which is popular with vegetarians. They are a staple food in Indian cooking; they are used in various cuisines and are a key ingredient served cold in salads or hot in delicious curries and are an excellent diet food.
The presence of high levels of soluble fibre makes them beneficial in reducing cholesterol and blood sugar levels in humans.
How to cook Whole Moong Beans
- Hob – From Chilled/Ambient
- Sort through and discard any hardened kernels.
- Wash in 3-4 changes of clean water.
- Soak in enough water to cover for at least 1 hour.
- Replace water with fresh water, bring to the boil and boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until tender ensuring saucepan does not run dry.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- This product may contain a trace of nuts